Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6).


"Grace, mercy, and peace, which come from God the Father and from Jesus Christ—the Son of the Father—will continue to be with us who live in truth and love. How happy I was to meet some of your children and find them living according to the truth, just as the Father commanded" (2 John 3-4).


"Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit. Some of the brothers recently returned and made me very happy by telling me about your faithfulness and that you are living according to the truth. I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children are following the truth" (3 John 2-4).

Saturday, November 19, 2011

I Never Imagined - Africa Update


Dear Family & Friends,

I have been expectant for some time knowing that the Lord Jesus was about to move in a remarkable way. I never imagined that He would open a door for me and Bridget to help train hundreds of African pastors and to shepherd a local church in Africa. But, He has.

I'm writing this note to update you and to ask for your support.

You may know that I have been serving as a secondary education teacher at a Christian academy through a church in the Chicago suburbs. My fiance, Bridget, has been serving Jesus for the past few two months with a ministry called Sinakekele near Durban, South Africa. The mission director there has asked me to come serve as an interim pastor with Sinakekele Church.

Through prayer and fasting, I am certain that the Lord Jesus is calling me to go to Africa for these next three months. I will be leaving the first week of December and returning with Bridget at the beginning of March 2012. My ministry supervisors here in Illinois have released me with their blessing to follow Christ's call.

Sinakekele Church was planted by Firm Foundation World Ministry and grew into a vibrant local congregation; however, recently, it has been without a pastor. Without leadership, the congregation has shrunk substantially. There are hundreds of people, especially youth, in the villages surrounding Sinakekele who need to be reached with the message of Jesus.

Sinakekele is a Zulu phrase meaning "Take Good Care of Us." I believe the Holy Spirit is calling me to partner with Him in helping to "care" for the local believers at Sinakekele and to help reach the  lost in the surrounding villages with the Gospel of Jesus.

While in Africa, Bridget and I will also partner with a friend of ours named Dr. Andre Delport, director of Hands on Africa. Together, Bridget and I will spend two weeks training pastors and their wives in BIble and theology through an accredited African seminary in Malawi.

Dr. Delport explains that hundreds of African pastors lead churches without any biblical training. Our education from Moody Bible Institute enables us to partner with our African brothers and sisters, equipping them to more faithfully proclaim the Gospel and teach the Bible.

Two hundred pastors will attend the two weeks of seminary classes in Malawi. One of these pastors is the overseer of seven hundred churches in Malawi. He in turn, takes what he receives from the classes and teaches the seven hundred church leaders under his care. What an amazing opportunity to equip nearly 1,000 African ministers!

Will you please pray with Bridget and me, as I join her in serving Jesus and the precious people of Africa? Will you also give financially to support us?

We are responsible to raise 100% of our own support and to pay our own travel expenses. Please be as generous as you can.

Hands on Africa has created an account for my trip. Every penny you give goes into that account. 100% of your gifts are tax deductible.

If you mail in a donation, make a memo note of "Marcus - Africa."
The mailing address is
Hands on Africa
16250 84th Ave.
Chicago, IL 60487

If you use Hands on Africa's online Paypal account, enter the amount of your gift and click on "add special instructions for the seller," then enter the note of "Marcus - Africa" and put your address in that box so you can be sent a donations receipts at the end of the year. Please note: Paypal keeps a commission of about four percent of online donations, so larger gifts would be better mailed.
You can contribute online here:
http://handsonafrica.com/donate.htm

Thank you so much for the role you have played in my life and ministry. Know that Bridget and I, as well as many of our African brothers and sisters in Christ, will be praying for you as you pray for and support us.

Faithfully in the Lord Jesus Christ,
Marcus Constantine
---
For details about our wedding in April, visit

No comments:

Post a Comment